Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Long Weekend

Hmm, new posts have been few and far between. Alas, this one will (or should) be short, as I've been staring at this screen for far too long today.

Anyway, I spent the weekend with the Augustinians in Chicago and Racine. There were many providential occurrences, particularly on Monday when Brother Kevin and I made an impromptu stop at Marytown on the way back to Racine. Let's just say that Kevin's vocation was reconfirmed and that he is exactly where he needs to be.

The Augustinian weekend was topped off by going to see Pirates last night, which, aided by lowered expectations, I found to be a very entertaining movie. I'll likely see it again while it's at the theaters. Review coming sometime... soon... eventually....


Lastly, please say a little prayer for Pete Villapando, who died on Monday night. He is from my parish, and will be sorely missed by the entire community.

Hmm, perhaps more so, pray for those who have no one to pray for them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

8/12/2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger John Doom said...

I was sure you meant the other Pirates movie.

2/14/2007 8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home